Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Juicing, Day 1...

It's day 1!  I had so many second thoughts this morning.  The idea of juicing is always so much better than the reality.

- I woke up at 7:00am, got the kids ready for school, drank a cup of hot water with lemon (I usually have coffee).  I planned on running to the grocery store after dropping the kids off at school to stock up on fruits and veggies, but Jenn had the ingredients I didn't for the first juice of the day.  Yay, I didn't have to run to Kroger looking like a zombie!

-Woke up with a headache, but I went to sleep with one as well.

-Met Jenn at the kids school to get the juicer and the rest of the ingredients I needed for the juice.

-Got home, washed up the juicer and made juice #1




9:00 am - Carrot Apple Ginger Juice (breakfast)

-This juicer is amazing!  It pulverizes anything you stick in it!  This is going to be fun!

-This is delicious, I think I'm going to like juicing!

-Rinsed out juicer, not too much of a mess.

-Went to Kroger to buy all the fruits and veggies I would need for the next two days.  I left my list at home!  Thank goodness Jenn was there with her list.  We looked like two veggie-loving fools in the produce department.

-Man that bread baking in the Kroger bakery smells good, tummy rumbles.

-I totally underestimated the amount of produce we would be buying/consuming!  I think I left with 6-7 bags of produce.  I bet the check-out lady thought I was crazy!

12:30pm - Mean Green Juice (mid-morning juice)

-Does it look like I drank this mid-morning?  Whoops!

-Set the juicer up again, this time the recipe made 24 ounces of juice!  The first one was only 16 ounces.  Crap, how am I going to drink all this juice today?

-Ugh!  This juice is terrible!!!  I don't know how I managed to drink it all.  I'm sure holding my nose and gulping helped.

-What have I gotten myself into?  There's no way I am doing this for 6 days!  3 days it is!

-Feeling discouraged, but I made the other three juices for the rest of the day.

-Cleaning out this juicer is a pain in ass!

3:00pm - Gazpacho Juice (lunch)

-Drank half on the way to get the kids from school, the rest a couple hours later.

-This juice is pretty bad too, but not as bad as the last one.  It made about 32 ounces of juice!

5:45pm - Citrus Inspired Green Juice (afternoon snack)

-Drinking these closer together so I can fit them all in.

-Why are these recipes making so much!  Another 32 ounces.

-I've been peeing a ton!

-Still not a very yummy juice.

-This juice was better than the last two, but not anything I would ever voluntarily want to drink.

8:30pm - Sunset Blend Juice (dinner)

-Drank this over the next hour.  Not bad at all, but there is a strong dirt after-taste.  I'm thinking it's from the beets or sweet potato since they do come from the ground.

-Another 32 ounces of juice!

-I'm finished with juice for Day 1!!!

Finishing the day at 9:00 with a 20 minute pilates video and a cup of herbal tea.  I wonder how many times I'll get up in the middle of the night to pee?

Today was a pretty normal feeling day.  I had a slight headache all day.  I didn't really feel tired until about 7:30pm.  This day was extremely busy though, so not surprised I'd be worn out.  I noticed my face had a little more color in it already!  That's always a good sign something is working.  It was really hard cutting up fruit and making the kids meals without popping a little something in my mouth.

Okay folks, tune in tomorrow as my juicing adventure continues!







No comments:

Post a Comment